Welcome to our new Excel
Global Optimization software paradigm
Global-OPT is our proprietary and patented Pattern Search, Derivative-Free Optimizer for NON-LINEAR problem solving.
It uses Design of Experiments to determine the Global optimum. It can optimize Smooth and not-Smooth, continuous and DISCRETE variable problems. Global-OPT picks up where “Solver” and other software optimizers leave off.
Global-OPT is the deterministic, model-based design optimizer that everyone can use.
Our family of global optimization software products shares a common vision:
Keep it SIMPLE
Make it POWERFUL
Price it LOW
Our entry-level Microsoft
Excel (Office 2000 or higher) Add-In optimization software product. Global-OPT is a single objective,
multiple constraint, non-linear problem solving and model optimizing software
Global-OPT makes child’s play of finding the global optimum of the pathological Schwefel function, a common Global Optimization problem known for being difficult to solve as it has a geometrically distant global minimum where many optimization algorithms will get stuck in local optima, never finding the global minimum.
· Set the Objective, the Schwefel Function (in blue), to Minimize
· Select the X variable (in green) and set its Min/Max (-500 and 500)
· Select the Y variable (again in green) and set its Min/Max (-500 and 500)
· Select 'High' for the Exploration Power
· And lastly, press the 'Optimize' button to find the Global Optimum. Hit 'Refine' twice to get the result shown below.
In a few seconds the coordinates of the minimum value appears. Below you can see the intuitive Global-OPT dialog box and the solution in the spreadsheet.
Global-OPT Software Features
· It is an order of magnitude easier to use than competing systems. Global optimization tasks are defined in intuitive application performance terms not by abstract mathematical expressions.
· The solution is starting point independent.
· The solution is repeatable.
· It combines robust, full-factorial design of experiments (DoE) with OPTIMUM’s patented global optimization algorithms to solve problems and optimize models with a minimum number of calculations.
· It is far superior to “genetic/evolutionary algorithms”. It performs fast and economical single-objective global optimizations.
The Global-OPT paradigm is a “game changer” for engineers, designers, scientists and analysts.
· Make any linear assumptions
· Use Meta Models
· Use approximate Response Surfaces
Every calculation is a COMPLETE SOLUTION OF THE MODEL OR PROBLEM
Global-OPT add-in for Excel
Global-OPT, Multi-Objective-OPT, and DOES have been developed by OPTIMUM Power Technology.
For more information, contact:
500 Miller's Run Road • P.O. Box 509 • Morgan, PA 15064 • Phone: 412-257-9070 • Fax: 412-257-9011 • firstname.lastname@example.org